Dr. Deborah Kerber
Dr. Deborah Kerber is an optometrist who strives to serve her patients, develop her skills and share her knowledge. She is honored by her peers for her achievements and contributions. Dr. Kerber also works to help her family, community, and country in other ways. Proud parent of three children, one dog and one cat. Dr. Kerber, an avid runner, has finished the Boston Marathon four times.
- Owner of Resler-Kerber Optometry
- Doctor of Optometry degree from the University of Missouri College of Optometry (1992)
- Diplomate of the American Board of Optometry
- Fellow of the American Academy of Optometry
- Adjunct Clinical Faculty Member at the Washington University School of Medicine Department of Ophthalmology and Vision Science
- Clinical Faculty Member at the University of Missouri College of Optometry
- Clinical Faculty Member at the Pennsylvania College of Optometry
- MD/OD Contact Lens Foundation (President: 2005-2006)
- St. Louis Optometric Society (President: 1999-2000)
- National Board of Examiners in Optometry.
- Florissant Rotary Club (President 2012-2013)
- Child Center-Marygrove Children's Home (Director)
- Florissant Valley Chamber of Commerce (Board member service)
- Optometrist of the Year 2010 award from the St. Louis Optometric Society
- Excellence in Education Award presented by the St. Louis Optometric Society
- Outstanding Continuing Education Award from the Missouri Optometric Association
- Contact Lens Achievement Award from the University of Missouri-St. Louis
- Young Alumni Merit Award from Southeast Missouri State University
- Internships included service on Air Force and Marine Corps bases
- American Optometric Association
- Missouri Optometric Association
- Missouri Optometric Foundation (Lifetime member)
- St. Louis Optometric Association
- Heart of America Contact Lens Society
- Better Business Bureau
- St. Louis Track Club
Dr. Paul E. Resler
Dr. Paul E. Resler was a pioneer in contact lenses and started the practice in 1967. He owned the practice until 1994 when he sold it to Dr. Kerber. Dr. Resler is a graduate of Kansas University at Lawrence, Kansas and the Illinois College of Optometry, in Chicago.
He was a member of the St. Louis Optometric Society, the Missouri and American Optometric Associations and was a Fellow in the American Academy of Optometry. Dr. Resler is one of the founders of the School of Optometry at the University of Missouri -- St. Louis, where he has served on the Advisory Committee as Chairperson and Member for many years. Dr. Resler is the past President of the Missouri Optometric Foundation and a former member of the National Eye Research Foundation and the European Optometric Society. He has been the investigator for several different kinds of Contact Lenses and Contact Lenses Care products.
Dr. Resler enjoyed his second retirement since May 2010. During his career, Dr. Resler mentored and cared for many. He will always be remembered for his innovative optometry, funny sense of humor, hearty laugh, warm smile and big caring heart. Dr. Resler passed Tuesday, December 20, 2011.
Dr. Paul Whitten
Dr. Paul Whitten earned his Doctor of Optometry at the University of Missouri-St. Louis School of Optometry. He also holds a Bachelor of Science in electrical engineering from the University of Missouri-Rolla (now the Missouri University of Science and Technology).
Dr. Whitten is an Adjunct Assistant Professor at the UMSL College of Optometry. He currently serves as a board member of the St. Louis Optometric Society and is a member of the Missouri Optometric Association and of the American Optometric Association.
He is also a regular blood donor, having donated more than 120 units of platelets, plasma and whole blood. He lives in Ballwin with his beautiful wife Sarah and four children Karen, Brenda, Julie and Luke.